December 10, 2012

Favorite Cookie Recipes!

It's time.


Time to let my Christmas obsession flourish.

Via

My goal for this coming week (since I've been a bad, bad blogger lately) is to give you guys some of my favorite recipes for the holidays!  So, just to be clear, today, instead of talking about fitness and running we're going to talk about sweets.  Sounds awesome.

On today's agenda:  COOKIES!!


  

Oh TheMetaPicture, how I love thee.



The first cookies I think of at Christmas time are candy cane cookies.

Via

These were almost always the cookies we left out for Santa.  One year, we made a GIANT candy cane cookie.  Santa must've been really full after eating that one ;)  FYI, I prefer them a little under baked.

Next up- cutout cookies.



This is a very disputed recipe in my little family.  I grew up with THIS recipe.  The powdered sugar really makes it, imo.  But!  Joelseph grew up with this recipe:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t almond extract
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Both are top notch, really.  Choose wisely.


A new to me, but a MUST MAKE from now until eternity are these Coconut Ball Cookies.  Oooooh man.  If you love coconut, you will absolutely FREAK out over these.  Can't stop won't stop.







 Another great "ball" cookie are Meatball cookies.

Via

The link and picture here are a from scratch version!  Sounds super awesome.  But, my recipe is from a cake mix.  So, if you're lazy....  Ehem:

Mix-
1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves

Add-
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c oil
1/2 c water

Add-
1 c raisins
1 c chocolate chips
1 c chopped nuts (optional)

Scoop out into uniform balls and roll in powdered sugar.

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

DELICIOUS.  And don't skip the cloves, it's what makes the cookie.  For realz.  Also, I don't believe nuts belong in cookies but some do, so, for those of you SUPER WEIRDOS, feel free to add some at your leisure.


So- there's a few of my favorite holiday cookies. 

Tomorrow: FUDGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment