November 7, 2012

Feels so good!

Happy Wednesday folks.

Via

Just popping in to say HALLELUJAH my knee feels GREAT this week.




I may have cried a few tears of joy.  It's perfectly okay to judge me.  I would call myself a weirdo, too.

WEIRDO!

See?

Well, now that all of you have left, I could probably just talk about anything I wanted. 

But what I really want to do, is remind my future self of all the things I've done to help get my knee back to feeling fancy free.

1. Take it EASY

Just because you have an injury/soreness/chipped nail doesn't mean it's time to sit on the couch watching Friends all afternoon with a bowl of ice cream.  I mean, don't get me wrong, that sounds like one of the best days ever.  Throw in a back massage from Jason Segel and it would be downright fabulous.  There are still plenty of other activities to get your heart pumpin' while you are out of commission.  Personally, I:
  • Ran SLOW and EASY and no more than 5 miles
  • Core work (leg lifts, planks..)
  • Cardio Recovery Insanity
  • Other Insanity workouts (modified to limit jumping)
Not everyone has Insanity, but workouts that include sit ups, planks, wall sits, squats, push ups, and any other upper body work felt fine for me.  Obviously based on your injury you would have to adapt what you were able to do.  But right now, I'm talking to future me.  Hi me!

2.  STRETCH

Honestly, this should happen when I have an injury or not.  Whyyyyy is it so hard to just sit down for 5 minutes after a run and stretch it out??  I do not know.  I do know that this definitely helped me out, and I'm hoping to NO JUST DO IT.

3.  Ice, Ice Baby

Ok, so, if you got past the weirdo stuff up there and made it this far, I'm assuming that the Vanilla Ice reference might be what puts you over the edge.  I'm sorry, I'm not sorry.  So yeah.  ICE IT OUT!  20 minutes on, 20 minutes off.  I'm partial to mixed vegetables, but I'm sure whatever you've got hanging out in your freezer would suffice.  Just don't use ice cream.  The temptation may be... too great.

That's a wrap! 

Via

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.


Have a great Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment