November 5, 2012

Motivation Monday

Hyellow!  How was everyone's weekend?  Great?  Spectacular?  Amazing?  I hope it was all those things and more.

Mine was full of candy. 

And a beautiful princess....


and terrifying dragon.....


The kids had fun but MAN it was chilly.  I'm not ready for it to snow yet.

Oh wait, it already has!  Specifically on my run on Saturday.

Via
(I know I've posted creepy pictures before... but this one might be the winner)

Which brings me to my next order of business.

Monday: REST!
Tuesday: Max Plyo Interval (Insanity)
Wednesday: 5.25 mile run
Thursday: 5 mile hill/speed work run
Friday:  REST!
Saturday:  7 mile run
Sunday: 6 mile run

My knee is STILL acting up.  It seems to really help when I ice/stretch/take a pain reliever.  SO I will definitely continue doing that.

I don't know if it's due to the colder weather... my sneakers.... or perhaps what I think the main problem is- the grade of the roads around here.

Most of the streets that I run on are angled down for drainage purposes.  I think this is causing my (right) knee pain.  I feel this is probably the best guess, because if it were the weather or my sneakers, both my knees would presumably be affected. ?!  I just don't know.  If anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it.

So what to do?!?!

For the next few weeks, I think I'll have to (unfortunately) stick to running around town on the sidewalks, where the grade is less of an issue.  Since where I live is basically a 3 mile radius, I'll be doing LOTS of face plants loops.  Sigh.

Also, I'm going to have to really down grade the miles.  This makes me so sad, but I can't expect to get any better by running 40 miles a week.  It's a scientific fact.

Via
Best.  Movie.  Ever.

Hopefully cooling it with the super slanted roadways will help.  If not, I'll have to consider completely cutting out running until I'm healed.  *insert dramatic sob*

We'll see how it goes!  I know you're all SO interested in my life altering minor injury.  To thank you for maybe making it this far, here's one more dragon picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment