August 21, 2012

Overnight Oatmeal- Part One

It's Summer!

Who wants to eat hot oatmeal when it's 90 degrees?

Not me, that's who.

Via


BUT!  I LOVE oatmeal!!  I want to eat it everyday!!  Waaaaaah.

No worries my friends, I have a solution.

Say it with me:  Over. Night. Oats.

Now, I'm not reinventing the wheel here or anything.  Everyone and their mom in blogland has been making overnight oats foreva.  But I was late to the party.  Not even fashionably late.  Awkward, "why did she even bother to show up" late.

Via

You know what?  That's okay.  Because these are SO GOOD, that I will take your flack.  You can't keep me down!

The reason I'm so late to the par-tay?  I couldn't get behind the whole, mix your oats with yogurt, thing.  It didn't taste right.  I TRIED.  So hard.

So what changed this whole she-bang around?  THIS-



Omggggggggg.

This yogurt has changed my life for the better.  I'm not being dramatic.  At all.  Nope, not me.

You should walk RUN to your local supermarket and pick this stuff up.  I'll wait.

Via




Sorry for the creepy picture.

These overnight oats have officially changed my view on the blogland sensation forever.  In fact, it's generated many other versions that I plan to share with you as soon as I can wait long enough to take a picture before devouring them make them again.

For today- the mighty coconut obsession has returned.


Coconut Overnight Oatmeal
serves 1 hungry momma



1/2 c instant oatmeal
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice) + more for the morning
1 container Yoplait coconut greek yogurt
2 tsp shredded coconut
almonds
blueberries



Mix together oatmeal, milk, and yogurt until well combined.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from the fridge and, if desired, use another 1/8- 1/4 cup milk to soften.  I skip this step because I enjoy the consistency as is :)  Please note that if you add the additional milk, the coconut flavor becomes less pronounced.

Top with shredded coconut, almonds, and blueberries. 

It's a party in a bowl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment