August 30, 2012

Blogging Break and Banana Bread

Alliteration.  It's the best!

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I've been taking a blogging hiatus. 

I can attribute it to:








And also:

Via
OMGsogoooooood.  

Please, if you haven't read it, do it now, so that we can get together and talk about it nonstop and drink coffee and eat muffins and cast the movie with our favorite celebrities and whine about how the third book isn't being released until NEXT FALL.

Aaaaanywho.

Summer.  It's almost over.  Waaaaaah!

So for the next week or two, I'll be soaking up all the sunshine I can.

Roasting as many marshmallows as possible.

Hanging out in the pool so much I become a wrinkly raisin.

But- so you don't get discouraged by my absence, I have one of the BEST recipes I've made in a loooong time to share with you.

It's not healthy.  It's not low-fat.  It's full of sugar, and fat, and carbs.

And it's freaking delicious.

Banana Bread
slightly altered from Janetha's

3 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar (not packed)
1 c coconut oil
3 eggs (room temperature)
1 tbs vanilla
1 1/3 c buttermilk**
3 large, very ripe, bananas, mashed

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.

Mix together Sugars, oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.  Carefully add mashed bananas (it will be VERY soupy!!).

Slowly add the flour mixture until well incorporated.

Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray, and evenly divide the batter between the two.

Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or until the tops are slightly browned.

**If you don't have buttermilk on hand (uhh, me), fill a glass measuring cup to slightly less than 1 1/3 c and add a tablespoon of lemon juice (my personal preference) or white vinegar.  Let sit for at least 10 minutes.  Voila!  Buttermilk!

Go enjoy your last days of summer!  See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment