August 5, 2012

Healthy Living Survey!

Do you guys remember back when e-mail was relatively new, and everyone filled out e-mail surveys and sent them back to all their friends and family??

Man, that was the best!  Especially when you got it back from the boy you had suchabigcrushonomggggg.

This is sort of like that.  But it's about how I live healthy.  And not my favorite movie/current crush/what would I do with a million dollars.


(White Christmas/JAC/Pay off my debt and move to my favorite place)


I know that I said I had some recipes for you.  Well wouldn't ya know, I've had some pret-ty bad kitchen experiments go down lately.  So this will have to suffice.

Please come back Enjoy!



Healthy Living Survey!!




1. What did you eat for breakfast?

I need to have a whole post dedicated to my love for cereal, but that's for another day.  Let's just say, when I get a box of Honey Bunches of Oats (pecan or almond!) it rarely lasts 24 hours.  Anyway.  Lately, I've been really diggin' oatmeal of the "overnight" persuasion.  Made with this yogurt.  It's so so so so delicious.



2. How much water do you drink a day?

A LOT.  I don't measure out exactly how much I drink, but on average I consume at least 12 glasses a day.  Now that I'm in NY, I'll have to drink even more since in Texas, all you had to do was go outside and breathe to get water.



3. What is your current favorite workout?

Running.

Always.



4. How many calories do you eat a day?

Hey now.  I definitely do not not not count calories meticulously.  The main reason being: I'm lazy.  But!  I try to be very mindful of "about" how many calories my meals/snacks are.  On average,  I'd say my meals are about this:

Breakfast: 400
Snack: 200
Lunch: 400
Snack: 200
Dinner: 600
Dessert: 200-300... 400... 800....

That's honestly just what I kindasorta shoot for.  Depending on my workouts for the day I may adjust.  10 mile run = extra dessert.  I told you guys I'm a mathmetician.



5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?

I love snacks!  Some of my very favorites are...
Pineapple Chobani with sliced bananas and coconut granola
Veggies and hummus
Flatout wrap with peanut butter and bananas (I've been eating this every day for weeks.  WEEKS!)
Chocolate Pumpkin oatmeal (recipe coming soon!)



6. What do you usually eat for lunch?

I'm a big fan of leftovers for lunch.  If there aren't any available, lately I've been diggin' hummus plates or turkey wraps.




7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?

Biceps, triceps, shoulders!



8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?

Those silly abdominals.



9. What are your “bad” food cravings?

Hi.  I'm Nicole, have we met?  I could absolutely %100 eat ice cream and mac and cheese every day of my life.  It's the dream.




10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?

I should, but I don't.  Bad mommy!



11. How often do you eat out?

We try to stick to once a week.   




12. Do you eat fast food? 

I'm not a fan of the "conventional" fast food places (McD's, BK, Wendy's).  I never feel satisfied after eating it, and it kind of makes me sick to my stomach.  But if you're talkin Panera Bread, Chipotle, or even Subway, then heck YES I eat it.


13. Who is your biggest supporter?

Joel.  I wouldn't be able to be where I am today without him.



14. Do you have a gym membership?

Shnope.  Just me, my stroller, Mr Sean T, and a Bosu.



15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Now that Bubba is sleeping through the night, I get a glorious 8 hours.  Glorious.



16. Do you have a “cheat” day?

I usually don't limit myself on what I can/cannot eat.  That being said, I do like to eat one meal a week with no restrictions whatsoever.  Okay, maybe I have a couple meals like that a week :P



17. Do you drink alcohol?

Does the Earth rotate around the Sun?  Yeah, I'm a pretty huge fan of this.




18. Do you have a workout buddy?

Yup.  This guy.




19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?

Definitely how much more energy I have.  I can tell when I eat like crap versus when I eat smart.  Try giving up fried food and a lot of white sugar for two weeks.  I bet you'd be amazed at the difference.



20. What was the last healthy thing you did?

I just ate three helpings of peas at dinner.  Does that count?



Hope you had a great weekend!!
     
        

No comments:

Post a Comment