August 6, 2012

Motivation Monday and Blogging in Real Life

I just accidentally typed "blooging."  It made me laugh.  I'm 12.

So, as I'm sure you've noticed, I've been quite absent from blogging (just typed it again!) lately.  The old me would've gotten stressed about this.  Anxious.  WORRIED.

But, as it is, I have an awful lot on my life plate right now.  Life plate?  Just go with it.

I'm not going to get anxious.  Or stressed.  Or worried.  Because blogging is not real life.  It's something I want to do for fun.  To speak my mind and share recipes and bore everyone with my obsessions with muffins/running/my children/Ryan Reynolds ect ect...

My family needs me right now.  And thats so great.  Because I want them to need me.  To want me around.  It's part of the whole mommy deal.




I wouldn't have it any other way :)

PHEW!  Glad I got that off my chest.  Now onto super exciting semi-amusing fitness talk.

I've been on a huge running kick lately!


Monday: 3.5 mile run with the stroller
Tuesday: 1 mile easy, 1 x 800, 2 x 1600 tempo, 1 x 800, 1 x 400 sprint, 1 mile easy
Wednesday: 2 mile run
Thursday: 7.6 mile run with the stroller
Friday:  REST!
Saturday: 9 mile run with the stroller
Sunday: 6 mile run with the stroller

I'm not sure if it's the change in climate, or WHAT, but it feels great, so I'm just gonna go with it and go back to Insanity when it gets below 55 too cold to run everyday.

I recently got asked how is it possible to run so much with the stroller.  I can answer that in 2 parts.

  1. Necessity.  When we were in Texas, if I had waited til Joel got up, it would've been way too hot to run.  So, I would get up nice and early, strap Bubba in the stroller and be on my way.  I suppose I got used to it?  Now that we're in NY and I have more babysitters (like, more than none), I still like having our little time together.  Fresh air is good for everyone!
  2. I run slow.  Generally, I don't run faster than a 10 minute mile on any of our runs.
The best thing about running with the stroller, is that when you run alone, you feel like an Olympian.

I'm super excited because my friend Dave organizes a sweet 5k every year for his church.  It's in a little less than 2 weeks, and I'm running it!  I'm really hoping to get under a 24:00.  But since I've been focusing on distance rather than speed lately, I'm thinking that will be a stretch.

You should probably go sign up for it and run with me!!  We can go get ice cream after!

Thanks for putting up with my nonsense and rambling.  If you've made it this far and are still reading- you're pretty awesome :)


No comments:

Post a Comment