July 5, 2012

Fitness Bucket List

Hey hey hey!  Hope everyone had a fantastic Fourth of July!

Ours was really great.  Bubba and I went out for a nice, slow, HOT, 5 mile run.  Then we had some breakfast, Joel and I did Insanity real quick, and finally we were off to our friend's house for delicious mexican and 4th of July fun.

On top of the delicious food, we got in two crazy fun games of Trivial Pursuit.  I'm a nerd, and I love board games.  Don't hate.

Via

Today started off with a a 3 mile run with Bubba, which was even HOTTER than yesterday.  Seriously, the humidity lately is a killer.


I got to thinking on today's run of all my fitness goals I'd like to accomplish.

Side note:  one of the things I love most about running is having uninterrupted time to think about everything swirling around in my little brain.  What chores have to be done, dinner ideas for the week, what the heck I'm going to do when my babies are old enough to go to school (sob), ect...


A fitness bucket list is exactly what I was concocting on my jog this morning.  A bunch of other blogs I read did this, and I want to be cool like them join in on the action.


My Fitness Bucket List:

  • Run a sub 4:00 marathon.
  • Try as hard as I can to get rid of my baby pouch.
  • Bench press my body weight.
  • Run the Buffalo Marathon with my Joel.
  • Do the Disney Marathon, NYC Marathon, Chicago Marathon, and San Diego Marathon.
  • Plank for 5 minutes.
  • Run a sub 23:00 5k.
  • Go hiking in Colorado.
  • Take a yoga class.
  • Qualify for the Boston Marathon. (hahahahahaha)

Obviously, a lot of these are running related.  It's what I love!  I tried to think of some that were more attainable in the near future (5k!), and some that may never happen (Boston!).  Not that I'm trying to be a negative Nancy here, but the qualifying time for my age group is now 3:35.  That's a whole 25 minutes faster than my first bucket list goal!

No matter what, I think it's important to have goals for exercising.  Otherwise, you can just get into a rut doing the same old stuff all the time.  And what's the fun in that???  It's important to keep your body fresh and guessing.  Challenge yourself!!

What's on your fitness bucket list??

No comments:

Post a Comment