January 4, 2013

Goals for the New Year



Good morning peeps!  I hope you all had a wonderful new year's week.  Mine was full of good food, family, and football.

So it's that time of year- goals and resolutions!

Via

Some people are down on resolutions, but I say, why knock people for wanting to better themselves??  Don't hate!

I have a few goals for the coming year, and I've been busy getting right into them.

My first-



Yup, this is happening.


I had been going back and forth about signing up.  Then, on December 31st, I realized the registration fee was going to go up on the next day!  So, I bit the bullet.  With determination a glass of wine in hand, I pressed that register button with confidence.

I'm really excited because 3 of my best girlfriends are going to be running the half, and for 2 of them it'll be their first one!  That decision may also have been made under the influence of wine.


I also have a goal for my goal.  Does that makes sense?  


I want to run the marathon in under 4 hours.


This will be a huge undertaking, and I'm going into it knowing that it might not be feasible.  I'm not giving up before I get started, I'm just trying to be realistic.  I've ran two marathons before, and my best time is 5:15.  So that would be, umm, a HUGE improvement, to say the least.  But!  I'm going to give it my all.  I'm going to train hard.

I want it.

(That's what she said)

I have some other goals as well, and before this post becomes a mile long, I'm just going to show you this handy little picture I made:




I know.  I KNOW.  Give up Facebook, what am I crazy?! ;)

And let me just get it out of the way.  I know a lot of healthy/fitness bloggers out there don't weigh themselves, or they say that a "number doesn't matter."  But I know that I have to drop 10ish pounds to be a faster runner.  It's just that simple.  Moving on.

So those are some of my goals for the year.  Nothing original, pretty standard.  For the next couple of months, I'll be talking a lot of marathon training and nutrition.  Try to stay calm.


QUESTIONS:

Ever ran a marathon?  A half?  From the couch to the fridge?

New Year's resolutions??

No comments:

Post a Comment